Subject: Re: v98b PartyId needs min length of 1

Scott,

I was recommending a new type simply to avoid gross expansion of the
schema.  Even if we just add the restriction to a few elements and
attributes (and I think that should be unlikely), we'd have the 8 or so
lines you showed below repeated for each of them.  I'd prefer to keep
the schema at least somewhat readable.

I'd recommend using this new type for every optional element or
attribute currently of type "string".  This would ensure there's some
meaning to including that value in an instance.  Whether or not every
required string element and attribute should also have this type
essentially says, "what did we really mean to require for all trading
parties?"  If we messed that up (as may have occurred with EDI in some
cases), why did we bother?

thanx,
   doug