Subject: Should we agree more issues on the email list? Was RE: New commen tslist

Dick said ...

>>>Perhaps it's time to consider a F2F.<<<

The problem with our F2Fs is that a small quorum of people who are not
representative of everyone on the list can (and do) over-turn parts of the
spec that are based on **consensus** reached earlier on the list. Secondly
new changes and ideas get included without proper discussion with those who
are not at the F2F. This then usually leads to debate and later re-working
and lack of understanding of what's in/out in the spec.

THIS ISN'T THE WAY THE IETF WORKS! In the IETF the F2F meeetings are used to
resolve issues, agreed in advance on the list, that are then finalized. The
email list is the main method of communication. The same goes for the W3C.

It's too late to change anything whilst TRP is operating under the ebXML
approach, but I do suggest we take more care with how we organize ourselves
in whatever is the future home of TRP.

Do other people agree?

Just my opinion ...

Best wishes to everyone.

From: Dick Brooks [mailto:dick@8760.com]
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 3:24 PM
To: Doug Bunting; david@drummondgroup.com; ebXML Transport (E-mail)
Subject: RE: New comments list

IMO, based on past experiences, we've made the best progress on design
decisions in face-to-face meetings. Perhaps it's time to consider a F2F.

Dick Brooks
Group 8760
110 12th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
dick@8760.com
205-250-8053
Fax: 205-250-8057
http://www.8760.com/

InsideAgent - Empowering e-commerce solutions