Subject: RE: Digital Envelope: Food for thought by the next generation

Marty,

It appears to me the Digital Envelope element is used to describe payload
packaging. If
my understanding is correct then I don't believe the Message Service (MS)
needs to know about the
Digital Envelope. It's whatever layer above the MS that is responsible for
packaging the
payload that needs this information.

The MS spec assumes that a payload item is "packaged" for transport and the
MS is only responsible
for "inserting" the payload into the ebXML Message as a MIME body part.  At
least that is my understanding.

Dick Brooks
Group 8760
110 12th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
dick@8760.com
205-250-8053
Fax: 205-250-8057
http://www.8760.com/

InsideAgent - Empowering e-commerce solutions