ebxml message

Subject: RE: XML Gave A War, But Nobody Came

Message text written by INTERNET:evilgreg@home.com

I agree with that decision.  While common industry standards can be useful,
I believe that setting a global standard is too restrictive and, in fact,
goes against the purpose of XML as a metalanguage.

XML Gave A War, But Nobody Came (May 29, 2000)
http://www.techweb.com/se/directlink.cgi?INW20000529S0046

   Asked if they cared about which XML version will win, [nine
   e-commerce executives at top Internet exchanges and e-businesses]
   all shook their heads. They will fight to set standards for the
   structure of XML documents in their respective industries, they
   said, but not about setting a common, global standard for the
   language.

Ok - I see the issue here - isn;t this rather un-clear in the question?

We're not trying to do the restrictive stuff - we're trying to create
interoperability.

Couched that way - I suspect the executives would be more
responsive.

It's all about presentation!

Thanks, DW.