ebxml-architecture message

Subject: Re: efficient XML

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Duane Nickull wrote:

> After reviewing several archives and the recent posts to my messages,
> I can summarize the subject of creating efficient XML in to the
> following.  This is a very vague overview but I beleive it accurately
> reflects the direction we should go in.
> 7.  We should avoid unnecessary levels of recursion.  Keeping the XML fairly
> flat is expected to have a nominal impact of parsing/processing.  My
> personal belief is that this will play a larger part with XML input trees
> that have many branches.

Do you mean recursion or hierarchy?

If you are talking about true recursion, I agree!  If you are
talking about hierarchy, I would not agree with a flat model.

Betty Harvey                         | Phone: 301-540-8251 FAX: 4268
Electronic Commerce Connection, Inc. |
13017 Wisteria Drive, P.O. Box 333   |
Germantown, Md.  20874               |
harvey@eccnet.com                    | Washington,DC SGML/XML Users Grp