Subject: Re: Announcement from Technical Architecture

I fully concur both with Scott and Cory.

Although there can be needs to 'reverse engineer' DTD's into UML (e.g. legacy, or what Scott mentioned), never forget DTD lack the
richness of UML to represent formally a business standard So this process can never be bijective. I don't think it is EbXML's goal
(at least not in a first phase) to provide design rules to convert DTD into UML.

"Nieman, Scott" wrote:

> Yes, and there is a value add to moving a DTD into a UML model.  Perhaps to
> integrate with other UML models, to update it with a Common Business Object
> (oops!, Core Component), to add operations to reflect system behavior such
> as workflow.    This is not an bidirectional, isomorphic process.
>
> Scott

begin:vcard
n:Ketels;Kris
tel;fax:+32.2.655.45.52
tel;work:+32.2.655.44.85
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:S.W.I.F.T. sc;Standards
version:2.1
email;internet:kris.ketels@swift.com
title:Product Manager Standards Automation
x-mozilla-cpt:;1
fn:Kris Ketels
end:vcard