Subject: Re: Ebxml, Biztalk et al

The biggest difference between the two is that Biztalk is still operating on
a document instance (the document centric approach) while EbXML is focused
on the data element level.  The main advantage is that once you have a
reasonably comprehensive library of elements,  an engine can be deployed to
declaritively transform the elements.   The templates for such
transformations can be dynamically generated (assuming that the contextual
nature of each element instance can be recognized).

Duane Nickull