Subject: Re: Re: OTA Tag name rules

Bruce,

We need to hone down on this.  See my comments below.

I'm convinced all the mechanisms are at hand - we just need
to nail down the specifics...

Message text written by Bruce Peat
>the version needs to be carried within the message for speed,

                                   want speed - the sooner you can locate
the version
                                   specifics the better.  Speed is all
relative BTW - and
                                   highly subjective.

 and
classification (and other indirection) derived from this information as a
lookup reference for both "nouns" and "verbs" or "objects" at a logical
unit
level.

                          level versioning at the business collection
level.  That way
                          I can identified cached content WAY before
getting to the
                          atomic level - and simply hit my cached details.

  I want 80% of processing to take this direct route, and the other
20% of the time take the indirect route for discovery, interpretation, etc.

                        good caching algorithms - and I only have to send
the 1% actually
                         out over the wire - then you have speed IMHO.

I would like to see GUIDs be unique to the version and be able to invoke
the
mechanism which you speak from this when required.

                           to XML resolvable query path into the registry.
That way -
                           you go directly.  {ref} can then be a version
selection, or any
                           other member leaf of the parent GUID - and
that's a better
                           way - and conforms to the Registry information
model...

Thanks, DW