Subject: Revised Messaging Services Section for TA spec

TA Team -

As discussed during our last conference call, Jeff Sutor and I started the
process of systematically reworking each major section of the TA spec to
begin moving in the right direction in terms of getting each section better
aligned and more consistent (especially in terms of the level of detail). As
previously mentioned, Jeff agreed to take on the RegRep section and will
continue to rework it.

I decided to take a crack at the Messaging Services section of our spec and
have reworked it to move it closer in alignment with the Messaging Service
specification currently under review (v0.21). I removed all of the
"requirements-like" wording and now feel that it more accurately describes
the ebXML Messaging Service from an architecture perspective. NiKola and I
went over the document today, and decided that it was ready to post to the
TA list for further comments. At the same time, NiKola will work with the
TRP team to get their feedback on this revised section.

When reviewing the revised section, try to think about it in terms of  how
it well it fits within the context of the overall architecture. I think that
if we continue to rework each major section (CC, BP, RegRep, etc.) in a
similar manner, we can really flesh out the document to move it closer to
resembling an architecture.

We still need to discuss how to rework the Intro (section 3.0) and System
Overview (section 4.3) sections. This is the most important part of the
document and really needs to clearly articulate the ebXML architecture at
the highest degree of abstraction. I think we need to revisit the
architectural diagram and possibly revise it to better reflect the ebXML
landscape.

With a unified team effort, I think we should be able to whip the document
into shape by Tokyo. I would hope that we (as a team) can work towards this
goal, and hopefully re-submit the spec to the QR team by Tokyo. Right now is
when we really need to gain momentum as a team.

Here is a list of issues that I think we need to discuss during our Thursday
conf call:

1. Introduction and System Overview sections (what needs to change, who to
do it)

2. Section 4.4 Specifications Roadmap - do we really need this section???

3. Section 6 - Architecture Overview - what can we get rid of, what needs to
change, who to do it.

4. Section 7 - Trading Partners - need to extract requirements and
implementation details, get feedback from TP team on what to include in this
section.

5. Section 8 - Business Process - need to extract requirements and
implementation details(what else needs to change, who to do it) - need
liaison to help coordinate w/ BP/CC sub-teams to get alignment

6. Section 9 - Core Component - need to extract requirements and
implementation details (what else needs to change, who to do it) - need
liaison to help coordinate w/ BP/CC sub-teams to get alignment

7. Section 10 - RegReg - Jeff to deliver revised RegRep section - (what else
needs to change, who to do it) - need to get Duane/Jeff working with RegRep
team to get alignment.

8. Section 11 - Messaging Services - review attached doc, get feedback from
TRP team, revise as needed.

9. Section 12 - Conformance and Testing - discuss comments from QR and
others regarding scope issues - are we expected to discuss conformance in
TA???

10. Discuss whether or not we want to include high-level use case scenarios
in the spec. For low-level use case scenarios that already exist, hand them
over to respective project teams.

Please post any comments, questions, suggestions to the list.

Thanks,

--Brian

ebXML TA Messaging Services section.doc