Subject: RE: Parties and Partners

Message text written by Murray Maloney
>We agree that the Coke machine has to publish its interface, but I
don't see that being a 'Trading Partner' agreement.

>Since the GSM server will not let just anyone (or Coke machine!) talk to
>it, there is a TPA there somewhere!

I think that the cell phone subscriber has a TPA with a cell service
provider.
And the owner of the Coke machine probably has a TPA with the ASP.
And the ASP has a TPA with the cell service provider.

But the cell phone subscriber and Coke machine do not have a TPA.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Murray,

Let me introduce the term "Proxy TPA", I believe this is what we have
here - and its an important part of the architecture, and happens all
the time in business.   When I authorize the cellular company to
debit my account for transactions I effectively enable that Proxy TPA.

One thing that has come to my attention is that our beloved Coke
machine here is acting in a B2C role, and thus technically is
out-of-scope for V1.0.   However, its importance is that it shows people
what is to come, and how they have to change their paper based views
of business.   I think we should look to include a 'Future Support' or
similar section in the TA to show the forward thinking as well.

My assumption is that the Coke machine can use Bluetooth to do
local networking with Bluetooth enabled devices.  We should
include an interaction diagram to show the physical architecture,
and also the logical interaction architecture.

But wait - there's more!  The Coke machine does have B2B capabilities.
When we factor in the backend support intrastructure - we get lots of
B2B.  The Coke machine can automatically order refills when it gets
low; it can change the order mix depending on the frequency of
product sales; and track its own seasonal use, so it can anticipate
higher sales periods.  And then all those electronic payment
transactions have to get reconciled by the backend accounting
systems.   Then you have maintenance and support - it can
request that too...

Yes, maybe the Coke machine gets it own separate little document?
A Day in the Life of a Coke machine - 2001, the Trilogy.

Would make a good supplement to the TA document.

DW.