Subject: RE: CC minutes

Title: RE: CC minutes

I absolutely agree with Chris, and propose that I insert his wording into the TA spec (which I'm putting the finishing touches on this morning. I'll have it out to the group by the end of the day (Seattle time).

Chris - any suggestion on what section of the document would be the best place to insert this snippet?

Please find the attached TOC for the latest TA spec.

--Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Ferris [mailto:chris.ferris@east.sun.com]
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2000 9:35 AM
To: agrangard@nycall.com
Cc: ebxml-architecture@lists.ebxml.org

Anders/team,

With regards to:

"Nicola reported that only one response had been received on his email on the subject, which should
be called Capitalisation rather than naming convention to avoid confusion with the work being
performed by the Core Components team on the semantic aspects.

It was agreed that this should remain a task for the Technical Architecture but close cooperation
with the other teams is needed."

Why does this never seem to get resolved and finalized? There has been some
discussion around this for as long as I can recall. We (TR&P and TP teams)
need to have the issue resolved once and for all.

I am in favor of the proposal (UpperCamelCase for Elements, lowerCamelCase
for attributes), but without clear guidance, we're likely to end up with
a bunch of DTD or XSD schemas which have differing capitalization schemes
which is (IMHO) unprofessional and would reflect poorly.

PLEASE make a CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS decision on this matter and do so
quickly. We are trying to finalize these various DTD/XSD schemas that the
infrastructure components define/require.

Thanks,

Chris

"agrangard@nycall.com" wrote:

> Please find attached the minutes from yesterday's TA conference call.
>
> regards
>
> Anders Grangard
> Edifrance
> Ingénieur - Consultant en Commerce électronique
> Tel: +33 (0)1 42 91 62 24
> http://www.edifrance.org

>                        Name: TA_CC_141200.doc
>    TA_CC_141200.doc    Type: Microsoft Word Document (application/msword)
>                    Encoding: BASE64

TA TOC.doc