Subject: [Fwd: RE: comment on TA specification]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: comment on TA specification
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:03:21 -0500
From: Martin W Sachs <mwsachs@us.ibm.com>
To: Stefano POGLIANI <stefano.pogliani@sun.com>
CC: Duane Nickull <duane@xmlglobal.com>,
knaujok@home.com,ebxml-tp@lists.ebxml.org,ebXML-Architecture List
<ebxml-architecture@lists.ebxml.org>

N.B.  this will be rejected by the Architecture listserver.  Someone please
post it there.

Stefano,

The High Level Business Scenarios replacement appendix attached to your
email is considerably improved from the previous one.  I have only a few
comments. Some of these relate to material in the base TA specification
that relates to your appendix.

"Business Service Interface" appears many times in the TA specification but
I cannot find a definition there.  I know what it means from reading your
white paper but most readers will not understand it.  Since the term
"service interface" usually means the thin line between adjacent layers in
a stack such as the OSI communication model, it is very important to
provide a definition of BSI here.  I believe that the definition should say
that the BSI is a name for the middleware which supports B2B exchanges,
supports the CPA, and provides a bridge to each legacy application. Perhaps
you have a definition in the white paper that you can copy.

Line 499:  This refers to "business service interface requirements".  I
don't understand this term.  The CPP has no explicit requirements on the
BSI.  Its requirements all relate to the applicable standards such as
business process, messaging service, and transport protocol.  I suggest
changing the sentence to "...to express their minimum business process,
message-exchange, transport, and security requirements..."

HIGH LEVEL BUSINESS SCENARIOS REPLACMENT TEXT

The term "Commercial Transactions" should be replaced in several places by
"Business Transactions", which is the term now used by the BP team.

One of the technical editors should review this with regard to English
syntax and word usage.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs