Subject: FW: comment on TA specification

on behalf of Marty.

/Stefano

» -----Original Message-----
» From: Martin W Sachs [mailto:mwsachs@us.ibm.com]
» Sent: 20 January 2001 00:03
» To: Stefano POGLIANI
» Cc: Duane Nickull; knaujok@home.com; ebxml-tp@lists.ebxml.org;
» ebXML-Architecture List
» Subject: RE: comment on TA specification
»
» N.B.  this will be rejected by the Architecture listserver. Someone please
» post it there.
»
» Stefano,
»
» The High Level Business Scenarios replacement appendix attached to your
» email is considerably improved from the previous one.  I have only a few
» comments. Some of these relate to material in the base TA specification
» that relates to your appendix.
»
» "Business Service Interface" appears many times in the TA specification
but
» I cannot find a definition there.  I know what it means from reading your
» white paper but most readers will not understand it.  Since the term
» "service interface" usually means the thin line between adjacent layers in
» a stack such as the OSI communication model, it is very important to
» provide a definition of BSI here.  I believe that the definition
» should say that the BSI is a name for the middleware which supports B2B
exchanges,
» supports the CPA, and provides a bridge to each legacy
» application. Perhaps you have a definition in the white paper that you can
copy.
»
» Line 499:  This refers to "business service interface requirements".  I
» don't understand this term.  The CPP has no explicit requirements on the
» BSI.  Its requirements all relate to the applicable standards such as
» business process, messaging service, and transport protocol.  I suggest
» changing the sentence to "...to express their minimum business process,
» message-exchange, transport, and security requirements..."
»
» HIGH LEVEL BUSINESS SCENARIOS REPLACMENT TEXT
»
» The term "Commercial Transactions" should be replaced in several places by
» "Business Transactions", which is the term now used by the BP team.
»
» One of the technical editors should review this with regard to English
» syntax and word usage.
»
» Regards,
» Marty
»
»
» ******************************************************************
» *******************
»
» Martin W. Sachs
» IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
» P. O. B. 704
» Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
» 914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
» Notes address:  Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM
» Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com
»
»
»