ebxml-architecture message

Subject: RE: Comments on TA doc V1.0

Harald,
	if this is the opinion of the majority, I do not object.
I would only prefer to avoid that the TA document contains description of
UIDs so many times.

/stefano

 -----Original Message-----
 From: Harald Hauschildt [mailto:hha@mosaic-ag.com]
 Sent: 29 January 2001 15:21
 To: 'Stefano POGLIANI'; Petit, John; ebxml-architecture@lists.ebxml.org

 Hi Stefano, hi John, hi List!
 I like to express my point of view to the UID-discussion below...I
 did that earlier during the review cycle...

 The whole ebxml idea becomes much more clear at least to the
 (converter-)developers if
 the term UID/GUID would be explicit used within the TA doc.
 To distinguish the concept of ebxml from other concepts (e.g.
 BizTalk), to proof that
 ebxml is not just another standard und to show to the world that we
 have learned from
 the past 20 years of EDI(fact) the term of UID/GUID should be
 descripted within the
 TA doc.
 I agree with Johns comment that "UIDs are going to play a critical
 role in cross schema
 interoperability and semantics" and that the TA doc should covers
 this topic as a bridge between
 the different groups docs.
 I agree also with John that "others would like to see [UID's covered
 by the TA doc] as well as evidenced by the recent flurry of emails
 over the use of UIDs"..........at least me.

 Best wishes,

 Harald

 Dr. Harald Hauschildt		email: hha@mosaic-ag.com
 MOSAIC SOFTWARE AG		Tel: +49-(0)2225-882-425
 Feldstr. 8			Fax: +49-(0)2225-882-201
 D-53340 Meckenheim