Subject: Re: Comments on TA doc v1.0

duane wrote:

> Stefano POGLIANI wrote:
>
> > But your message below confirms, in the way I read it, the idea that UIDs
> > are actually used to reference elements that are stored in the ebXML
> > registry.
> >>>>>
> Yes.  THis is what has been talked about all along.
>
> > Which is the use outside of this context? Also the open question
> > seems to refer to this.
> >>>>>>
> I don't understand your question.  The issue I asked the question about
> was what mechnism should we use to locate Registry Items by using the
> UID as the key.
>
> Duane

I have always hoped that the UID could be resolved
via an URL call to a registry, preferably via a
standardized scheme that MUST be supported. e.g.

	http://myfavoriteregistryprovider.com/resolveUID?<UID>

One can only hope;-)

Cheers,

Chris
begin:vcard
n:Ferris;Christopher
tel;work:781-442-3063
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc;XML Technology Development
adr:;;One Network Drive;Burlington;Ma;01824-0903;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:chris.ferris@east.Sun.COM
title:Sr. Staff Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;0