ebxml-awareness message

Subject: RE: Education & Awareness

Alan,

This sounds like a good approach. Education will become even more important
as more of the ebXML tech specs reach completion. We need to be ready....

Thanks,

Rachel

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ebxml-awareness@lists.oasis-open.org
[mailto:owner-ebxml-awareness@lists.oasis-open.org]On Behalf Of Alan
Kotok
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 9:12 AM
To: rachelf@ix.netcom.com; 'Mike Evanoff'
Cc: ebXML Marketing Awareness Education (E-mail); lclowers@disa.org

Mike, Rachel, et al.

One of my tasks from Brussels is to prepare an education plan for ebXML, on
which I have started work.  In the plan, I will propose a set of learning
objectives beginning with awareness of ebXML and building up to concrete
skills enabling application of ebXML concepts to realistic business
scenarios.  The plan will also recommend delivery mechanisms and media for
achieving those objectives.

Another promising area is the emerging professional certification movement
for e-business.  DISA is taking part in the EC Institute that is developing
a body of knowledge expressed in a set of learning objectives that reflect
the skills needed by e-business professionals, both technical and
managerial.  I intend to coordinate the ebXML training plan with the EC
Institute's certification activities.

Mike, if you have no objections, I would like to ask you to comment the
draft training plan.  I may not be able to complete it until next month
however.  June is getting a little busy.  Best regards.

Alan Kotok
Director, Education and Information Resources
Data Interchange Standards Association
akotok@disa.org
+1 703-518-4174