ebxml-awareness message

Subject: ADMINISTRATIVE: mail lists moving

OASIS, who sponsors the mail lists for the ebXML initiative, has recently
contracted with a mail list services provider to handle our lists. We're
doing this in order to provide better quality list service for our
subscribers. Over the weekend the lists were transitioned to a new server
and new mail software.

We've tried to make the transition as invisible as possible, but there will
be a couple changes:

* When you send mail to any of the ebXML lists, you should send it to the
ebxml.org domain instead of the oasis-open.org domain. For example, mail to
the ebxml list should be sent to ebxml@lists.ebxml.org, mail to
ebxml-architecture goes to ebxml-architecture@lists.ebxml.org, and so forth.

* If you use filters for your incoming mail you may need to reset your
filters based on new From or To fields.

* We've configured the lists so that only subscribers may post to each list.
This also means that you cannot post a message from a secondary account, for
example from your home account. If a message bounces back to you, it is
because the email address on your message does not match the address you are
subscribed with.

* To unsubscribe from lists, send a message to
<listname>-request@lists.ebxml.org (for example,
you want to unsubscribe a different address than the one from which you are
sending the request you must include the address on the command line (for
example, unsubscribe myname@mycompany.com). The mail server will send a
confirmation message.

If you have any questions or concerns about this change, please feel free to
contact me. Please don't bother the ebXML chair or PT chairs with this.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS
Director, Technical Operations