ebxml-awareness message

Subject: Re: Fw: XML standards

William:

	There are many industry standards groups that are currently
working on XML standards for their industry. I am working with
several at the moment.   I think it is fair to say that most of
them are aware of by ebXML is doing and are looking for ebXML
to supply some of what they need, mainly transportation.

	What I find interesting is that some of the standards
organizations that are looking to XML for B2B and B2C are not
EDI (what we think of as traditional EDI) users.  They are looking
to XML as a way to solve the problem of disconnected systems
to talk to each other.

	In my capacity as XML Consultant, when decisions are
asked about XML technology issues that I think ebXML might
address, I suggest that it be tabled for a few months.  In
most cases the committee agrees.  However, most of these
organizations are well on their way to having their draft
standard in-place and pilots are beginning.

	Two of the organizations that I have been working
with will begin pilots in the next few months.  If the
pilots prove to be successful, then ebXML will not have
an impact.

Betty

Betty Harvey                         | Phone: 410-787-9200 FAX: 9830
Electronic Commerce Connection, Inc. |
harvey@eccnet.com                    | Washington,DC SGML/XML Users Grp