ebxml-awareness message

Subject: RE: FAQ document review minutes

David:

Correct:  The requirements document, paragraph 2 under Business
Requirements, says ...

<excerpt>
The scope of the ebXML business requirements is to meet the needs for the
business side of both business to business (B2B) and business to consumer
(B2C) activities. Consumer requirements of the B2C model are beyond the
scope of the ebXML technical specifications. Application-to-application
(A2A) exchanges within an enterprise may also be able to use the ebXML
technical specifications, however ebXML A2A solutions will not be developed
at the expense of simplified B2B and B2C solutions.
</excerpt>

The scope therefore covers the business end of interactions with consumers.

Has there been any discussion of ebXML Phase 2???? Best regards.

Alan Kotok
Director, Education and Information Resources
Data Interchange Standards Association
akotok@disa.org
+1 703-518-4174