ebxml-awareness message

Subject: Conference Call Minutes - 8/29/00

In attendance:
Norbert Mikula, Ed Julson, Micheal Weiner, Alex Piner, Carol Guyer, Simon
Nicholson
Apologies: Rachel Foerster, William Kammerer, Alan Kotok

Web Site: Alan provided the group, by email, with a review of progress
prior to the meeting

TRP Tutorial: Alex is planning to provide Norbert with a draft version, for
upload to the private pages of the Mktg group for review, by Saturday 9/2.

Verticals: Simon reported on the meeting he attended with Alan with
representatives from the e-gov initiative.

Collaterals: Ed reported that good headway is being made on the development
of the white papers.  Money and a writer has been identified, and we should
anticipate a completion date for this work in the first week of
October.  Ed plans to ensure that Klaus is interviewed by the writer
.  Mike asked about Rik Drummond's paper, and Carol noted that it is
available from Rik's website.
ACTION - Ed to follow up with Rik.
Rachel's presentation has been posted to the site in .ppt.
There was a discussion about making presentations available on the site in
both .ppt and .pdf format, and agreed that we should making the .ppt format
available.
Ed also reported that we are now tracking ebXML press activity, and he will
provide a feed for the site.

There was no progress report on the FAQ, as William was not on the call -
this should be reviewed on the next call.

Media Tour: Carol reviewed forthcoming press releases on tpa and the GCI
relationship.
Carol is still waiting for Rill and Ray's schedules to put together the
Media Tour, and is hoping to schedule the tour for mid Sept through to end
October.
ACTION:  Carol to follow up with Ron Zoppo (CompTIA) re the forthcoming
presentation in Copenhagen

There followed a general discussion about the handling of speaker requests
to ensure we can offer quick turnaround and achieve consistency of message
and delivery with global coverage.  It was agreed that we need to identify
a pool of speakers drawn from the Project Teams, Marketing Committee and
Executive Committee. There was strong support for the suggestion that we
encourage participation from representatives of verticals and users working
at ebXML.
ACTION: Simon/Norbert to discuss with Exec Comm.

ACTION: Carol to follow up with Brent Phillips re the ebXML logo.

Trade Shows:  Mike reported progress on the fact sheets.

AOB: Carol suggested that a note be sent out re the forthcoming face to
face in Chicago on 13th Sept at Chicago O'Hare.

Simon Nicholson
Snr. Market Strategist
XML Technology Centre
Sun Microsystems, Inc.