ebxml-awareness message

Subject: Re: Conference Call Minutes - 8/29/00

I have to meet with a customer at 11:00 today and will not be able to make the
weekly conference call. Simon is on vacation this week and I don't know if he's
planning to call in from home or not.

Norbert, would you mind calling me sometime later today to give me a quick
update on what was discussed on the call?I should be back in the office by 1:00
PST.

Ed

<mailto:ebxml-awareness-request@lists.ebxml.org?body=help>

> In attendance:
> Norbert Mikula, Ed Julson, Micheal Weiner, Alex Piner, Carol Guyer, Simon
> Nicholson
> Apologies: Rachel Foerster, William Kammerer, Alan Kotok
>
> Web Site: Alan provided the group, by email, with a review of progress
> prior to the meeting
>
> TRP Tutorial: Alex is planning to provide Norbert with a draft version, for
> upload to the private pages of the Mktg group for review, by Saturday 9/2.
>
> Verticals: Simon reported on the meeting he attended with Alan with
> representatives from the e-gov initiative.
>
> Collaterals: Ed reported that good headway is being made on the development
> of the white papers.  Money and a writer has been identified, and we should
> anticipate a completion date for this work in the first week of
> October.  Ed plans to ensure that Klaus is interviewed by the writer
> .  Mike asked about Rik Drummond's paper, and Carol noted that it is
> available from Rik's website.
> ACTION - Ed to follow up with Rik.
> Rachel's presentation has been posted to the site in .ppt.
> There was a discussion about making presentations available on the site in
> both .ppt and .pdf format, and agreed that we should making the .ppt format
> available.
> Ed also reported that we are now tracking ebXML press activity, and he will
> provide a feed for the site.
>
> There was no progress report on the FAQ, as William was not on the call -
> this should be reviewed on the next call.
>
> Media Tour: Carol reviewed forthcoming press releases on tpa and the GCI
> relationship.
> Carol is still waiting for Rill and Ray's schedules to put together the
> Media Tour, and is hoping to schedule the tour for mid Sept through to end
> October.
> ACTION:  Carol to follow up with Ron Zoppo (CompTIA) re the forthcoming
> presentation in Copenhagen
>
> There followed a general discussion about the handling of speaker requests
> to ensure we can offer quick turnaround and achieve consistency of message
> and delivery with global coverage.  It was agreed that we need to identify
> a pool of speakers drawn from the Project Teams, Marketing Committee and
> Executive Committee. There was strong support for the suggestion that we
> encourage participation from representatives of verticals and users working
> at ebXML.
> ACTION: Simon/Norbert to discuss with Exec Comm.
>
> ACTION: Carol to follow up with Brent Phillips re the ebXML logo.
>
> Trade Shows:  Mike reported progress on the fact sheets.
>
> AOB: Carol suggested that a note be sent out re the forthcoming face to
> face in Chicago on 13th Sept at Chicago O'Hare.

> Simon Nicholson
> Snr. Market Strategist
> XML Technology Centre
> Sun Microsystems, Inc.