ebxml-awareness message

Subject: Re: The feeding frenzy on ebXML continues...

i agree with this sentiment.  we do not want to fall into the 'EDI was a lemon'
camp - a naive view and a fundamental mistake.  despite the rhetoric, ebXML and all
flavours of eCommerce will struggle with the many technical, operational,
commercial and political difficulties of EDI.

we should always try to emphasise the value our collective EDI experience brings
NOT that EDI didn't work and therefore we are coming up with something different.

the vast range of EDI knowledge is one of the main things that differentiates ebXML
from other initiatives.

having said that i have to express my personal note of caution that with our push
to the 'ebXML infrastructure' we must not lose site of the 'content' -  it is our
knowledge of the business processes and core components that exploit this
advantage.

--
regards
tim mcgrath