ebxml-awareness message

Subject: RE: GREAT ebXML ARTICLE

> Great work, Alan.

Meanwhile entire universes go blythely on their courses without even
mentioning ebXML (or OASIS, UN/CEFACT, EDIFACT, EWG, X12, the UMM, etc.
for that matter)  For example the Biztalk, UDDI and WSDL communities,
and their supporting lists and media.

April EAI Journal has these features, absolutely studded with *hundreds*
of references to XML, UML, RosettaNet, Biztalk, integration, B2B, etc.
without ever mentioning ebXML.  Sad.

   The Business Exosystem (Tony M. Brown -editor of EAI Journal)
   Standards Emerge to Ease Metadata Integration (Paul Korzeniowski)
   Enabling Business Transaction Services (Jim Moore)
   BPMS (Bus. Proc. Mgmt. Systems) Concepts Part 4 (David McGoveran)
   Managing Enterprise Cust. Interactn (Lisa Hammitt)
   Optimizing ROI with Bus. Process Mgmt (Dr. Setrag Khoshafian)
   Managemt Intelligence (Andrea Traverso)
   B2B Business Seeing the Big Picture (Nathanial Palmer)
   End of the Web as we Know it (John Vogeley)
   The Net Market Advantage (P. Jain and A. Jain)
   Separating CRM Myths from Reality (Depak Sirkar)
   Review MegaSuite 5 Collaboration Automation (Stephanie Sloser)
   XML at Work (Michael J. Hudson)
   Review InnerAccess (Philip Courtney)
   Managing the Integration Process (Pamela Szabo)
   Integrated Customer Care: Unleashing the Power (Christy Bass)
   Review Constelar Hub: integrating Key systems (Dennis Richardson)
   EAI's Missing Link: Legacy Integration (L. Erlikh and L. Goldbaum)

That is an awful LOT of ink, and good solid work by many authors,
for ebXML to be so conspicuously absent.  Especially in the several
articles about Business Process.  Either they should be reading the
ebXML list, or, we, the solutions they provide.  If I had time, I'd
hunt down their email addresses and ask them what they think about
ebXML.

Only two mentions of ebXML in 64 pages of fine print this month.
Some months there are zero.  See the closing paragraphs of these long
articles.  IMO these two occurrences are insignificant, tangential
mentions included only for completeness, because ebXML was directly
in the middle of the road, where it would be negligent to omit.

   Sorting Out the Process Automation Dilemma (JP Morgenthal)
   Don't Discount Biztalk (David S. Linthicum)

Maybe I worry too much?
Thanks for your good work, Carol,

TOdd