Subject: Request for info about contract implementations

The BP metamodel has the classes Contract Type
and Contract, for defining contractual trading relationships.
Also, the auto procurement example uses contracts.
This message is a request for info about implementations
of long-term contracts in ecommerce.

The Contract class in the metamodel is abstract,
and is meant to cover everything from yearly contracts
to short-term commitments like purchase and delivery orders.

Existing ecommerce frameworks have covered purchase
orders many times.  I'm interested in the implementations
of longer-term contracts in ecommerce - where the
contracts themselves are formed via electronic
transactions, and then referenced in the events
that execute the contracts.

I am aware that RosettaNet has embodied legal
requirements for contract formation in their
BusinessTransaction class, which is included
in the current metamodel.  I understand that
Edifecs has done further work on defining the
contracts themselves.

I am aware that tpaML has also worked on contracts
and their relationships to long transactions.

Other implementations-in-progress are CPFR and
OAG's Forecast work group.  Also, FreeMarkets
auctions off contracts.

Are there other implementations of contracts that
would be useful to look at for working out the
details?  Especially, are there any companies
(who are willing to talk) now using longer-term contracts
formed via ecommerce?

Thanks,
Bob Haugen