Subject: Re: XML Gave A War, But Nobody Came

I disagree with that idea.because we would not like to have so many
differing XML formats.

The headings of all XML messages should be the same, nevertheless allowing
to differentiate the sending business partner, the message type etc...

We definitely need a common understanding of what a message should contain
to be easily transfered to the applications via an e-commerce gateway. This
DOES NOT mean that each message will not be customised according to the
views of each couple of business partner.

Another domain where a global standard is necessary is to identify such
commonly used pieces of information such company identification, addresses
etc..(see core components in ebXML).

Then the capacity of XML to be easily tailored to specific needs will be
used efficiently.

Extensibility does not mean anarchy.

As far as I will be capable to influence the market and the software
developpers, I will fight against the tendancy to develop solutions which
work solely in one sector of activity.

A global standard is necessary

Rémy Marchand
API*EDI
Suite 284       et                 126 rue du Vallon des Auffes
19 place de l'IRIS               13007 Marseille
92400 Courbevoie              Tél : 04 91 31 63 22
Tél : 01 49 01 00 08
Fax 01 49 00 13 79
Portable : 06 11 02 02 37
email : rm-edi@worldnet.fr