Subject: Re: Business Process Modeling Language (BPML)

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:43:54 -0400, Paul R. Levine wrote:

>I have to agree with Bob.
>
>One of the claims of BPML is that the semantics of business information
>      exchanged within an enterprise is different from that in B2B exchanges.  I
>      fundamenally disagree with that claim, if I understand it correctly.
>      Telcordia COMMON LANGUAGE Products, originally developed for A2A
>      interoperability among business applications in the old Bell System, are
>      now predominantly used throughout North America,and growing
>      internationally for flow-through exchanges of business information of
>      telecom service providers that must inteoperate.

Paul,

I have a question and a comment.

Can you point me to information on Telcordia COMMON LANGUAGE
Products?

I would expect the semantics of business information exchanged
within an enterprise to be a *superset* of that in B2B exchanges,
with some additional internal functionality not connected with B2B.
It is a bit like Internet mail programs - not all provide the same
functionality to users, but they had better support the same
communication protocols.

Regards,
Robert
Dr Robert Dakin
Dakin Technology
daktec@pcug.org.au
Home page:   http://www.pcug.org.au/~daktec/
Tel: +61 2 6255 1436  Fax: +61 2 6255 1304