Subject: re: Classification and discovery

Message text written by Bob Haugen

As promised on Tuesday Sept 12 BP metamodel conference call:
this is my current sketch on how the ebXML metamodel could
be used as a classification scheme for discovery.  I didn't spend
any time agonizing over this; feel free to criticize in any way;
it is only presented as a stimulus for discussion.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Bob,

The GUIDE classification layer is designed to solve all this.

I hope, I really really hope, that BP has more than your thumb sketch
here to provide in the way of XML classification structures to
drive this process.  I'm assuming this is what EDIFECTS are
providing..(I need this ASAP btw if anyone has a viable draft
they can share)

Notice that your thumb sketch assumes there is no HUMAN interface
to the Registry!   Please do not assume that!!

A human interface is VITAL to the success of ebXML and therefore
we are wanting to expose that within industry domains (registry
should expose its industry domain).  Note this is note a generalized
human interface but a specific one tailored to BP discovery.

Again - driving this interface off the GUIDE classification layer
allows the user to quickly determine from a Registry the
supported business processes (its just cascading menus).

Once there - you then go to the TPA layer to establish partners
(simple query on BP/industry).

This should all be thru viewing HTML pages derived from the
content in the BP layer of the GUIDE classification.

Maybe we don;t want to do this for Tokyo - given everything
else thats on our plate  - but this is indeed a simple by-product
of correctly structuring information.

I'm looking forward to linking in the BP classification and CC
one in to the GUIDE model.  I'm also working hard on RegRep
classification/interface draft spec' - will be available tomorrow.

In the meantime:

 http://www.xmlguide.org   is now live with latest spec's and

downloadable sample XML.

Thanks, DW.