Subject: RE: Classification and discovery

>Message text written by Bob Haugen
>
>As promised on Tuesday Sept 12 BP metamodel conference call:
>this is my current sketch on how the ebXML metamodel could
>be used as a classification scheme for discovery.  I didn't spend
>any time agonizing over this; feel free to criticize in any way;
>it is only presented as a stimulus for discussion.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>Bob,

>The GUIDE classification layer is designed to solve all this.

David, I am sorry to be sharp, but the BP and CC teams
have been working on this stuff for many months.
GUIDE was developed by you and I don't know who all else
outside of ebXML (as far as I can tell) and then dropped in our laps
just before Tokyo as if it was the answer to every aspect of
ebXML and all our hopes and dreams.

Has any working group in ebXML adopted GUIDE?
Are you proposing that BP adopt it in place of everything
the group has worked on?

>I hope, I really really hope, that BP has more than your thumb sketch
>here to provide in the way of XML classification structures to
>drive this process.

Good grief, was that not apparent from my introduction?
Where have you been?

>Notice that your thumb sketch assumes there is no HUMAN interface
>to the Registry!   Please do not assume that!!

Can't you read at all?  Who was that newbie who was doing all
that querying?  I asked for criticism, but this is not criticism,
this is ignoring everything I wrote!

>I'm looking forward to linking in the BP classification and CC
>one in to the GUIDE model.  I'm also working hard on RegRep
>classification/interface draft spec' - will be available tomorrow.

Has RegRep adopted GUIDE?

-Bob Haugen