Subject: RE: Classification and discovery

Message text written by Bob Haugen
>TPA was not only formally adopted, but given
its own work group, and the authors have worked
hard to align with all of the other relevant work groups.
You appear to be saying we should align with you.
That might be appropriate if GUIDE was adopted
by RegRep, but even then, if you are serious,
you will try to align with other groups, which
means carefully reading their contributions
instead of trying to substitute your own
ideas everywhere possible.

The position of the BP group, endorsed by the
steering committee as far as I know, is that there
needs to be one and only one metamodel
for ebXML.  CC and TPA are collaborating with BP
in that effort.  We all want to work with RegRep.
If GUIDE is adopted by RegRep, then we will
work with GUIDE.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Bob, remember that the Executive foisted TPA on
us for our own good (I'm not quibbling - I'm just
noting the due process).   Prior to that the
steering committee and WG's were the ultimate
arbitrators on technology - and therefore the
path I would expect GUIDE to be following is

a) formal submission to ebXML Exec' - DONE
     this ensures the whole is public domain and
     available for use within ebXML.

b) ebXML Exec' to make some rumination -
     expecting them to hedge heavily on this,
     and adopt 'wait-n-see' - due to TPA above,
     not to mention the small matter of UDDI!

c) Each of the WG's to see where and if GUIDE
     materials is useful to their own efforts - then
     adopt, plagurize and adapt as needed.

d) Your point about the consistent metamodel
      and RegRep is well taken here.  It also
      effects payload and TRP.  At the end of the
      day we have to all decide to 'pick a' and
      go with it.

e) XML/edi Group members (actually industry
     users) reviewing and using GUIDE in their
     own industry space to help them bridge
     to where ebXML is.

f) Lots of this happening, everyone agrees
     that ebXML GUIDE makes sense and
     we go back to b) and make a decision.

g) I get to dream about 8 hours of real sleep
    a night, and getting a life back.

Thanks, DW.