Subject: Re: Where is that Party?

Scott et al.

I am expecting that very soon I will be beset with numerous questions and
issues regarding the metamodel and methodology. In order to assure that I
respond to these (or have the appropriate person to respond). I am placing
these questions into a word doc capturing the issue, response, originator and
the doc release the issue was against. I will do my best to capture all issues.

As a response to this question please affirm the following:

The concept "Party does exist in the metamodel, currently as an abstract
superclass of TradingPartner and BusinessPartner. I have not included in the
spec as of yet in that I am dealing with an issue of whether the concept of
stakeholder found in the N090 is equivalent, a specialization or a unique
class. The next release of the doc will show this modeling element.

Jim Clark

Scott Hinkelman/Austin/IBM wrote:

> Jim/Bob/Bpers,
> I'm always looking for a Party.
>
> I'm starting with some basics. There is increased concensous in TP/MS that
> a Party:
> "A Party is a company, organization or individual or other entity
> that can generate, receive or relay Documents."
>
> The document on page 13 does indicate a PartnerType, but could the Customer
> and Supplier (business actor stereotype) in the example equate to a Party
> stereotype?
> The next item would be how express a PartyProfile correctly here.
>
> Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
> XML Industry Enablement
> IBM e-business Standards Strategy
> 512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
> srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074
begin:vcard
n:Clark;Jim
tel;cell:936.524.4424
tel;work:936.264.3366
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:International Center of Object Technology
adr:;;10987 Quinlan N Lake;Conroe;TX;77303;
version:2.1
email;internet:jdc-icot@lcc.net
title:President
fn:Jim Clark