Subject: Re: XMI discussion today

BPers,CCers,etc,
This is a relevant piece of my comments to the recent input to Architecture
for BP.
I am forwarding it to these lists concerning the XML layer for a Process.

----
Concerning the UML->XML mappings:
I agree that modeling a process outside of the UML-based methodology is
important.
We should show alternate modeling input for the XML layer.

This surfaces questions on the content of the XML layer concerning
terminology (BOM, etc)
and how much it reflects the BP MM's built-in methodology. This is an
important
issue that will reflect the feasibility for tool vendors to construct
products/tools specifically targeted for B2B process definition, rather
than
solely having to use a general-purpose modeling approach like UML;
say perhaps, for developing nations.
----

Thanks,
Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

Karsten Riemer - Sun IR Development <Karsten.Riemer@East.Sun.COM> on
10/10/2000 08:55:22 AM

Please respond to Karsten Riemer - Sun IR Development
      <Karsten.Riemer@East.Sun.COM>