Subject: RE: XMI discussion today

Hi Karsten,

I won't be on the call, and I do not participate directly in the BP team,
though I do subscribe to that listserv.  In my view, Resource Description
Framework (RDF) provides a richer XML mapping capability for UML, and should
be given consideration as an alternative to XMI.  XMI did what it could with
the only tool it had available at the time, XML 1.0.  But it cannot
represent as much of the UML model as can RDF.  Both RDF and NAMESPACE,
which is used within RDF are now approved W3C Recommendations.

Cheers,
          Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Karsten Riemer - Sun IR Development
[mailto:Karsten.Riemer@East.Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 8:55 AM
To: ebxml-bp@lists.ebxml.org; ebxml.core@lists.ebxml.org;
ebxml-ccbp-context@lists.ebxml.org
Subject: XMI discussion today

Hi,
in our metamodel meeting today, the main topic will be discussion of the
right
XML format for our business process models. If you have knowledge and/or
opinions about XMI and/or preferences for a particular form of XML, please
join
us at 12 pm est today.

To access the call, dial 888-699-0348 domestically and +1 732-336-6000
internationally, with  a PIN of 8955#.

-karsten

Karsten Riemer,
Director, Information Architecture,
Enterprise Management Architecture Group
Sun Microsystems Inc.,
MailStop UBUR03-313
1 Network Drive,
Burlington, MA 01803-0903