Subject: RE: There already is a separate Meta model!

Mark,

I trust that you understand from my previous posting that Cory misspoke
when he referred to "the TP is already using another Meta model".  He was
presumably looking at the IBM proposal and not at any output from the TP
team.  Indeed, the TP team is so new that it is only beginning to define
its specification. I believe that the TP team's function is to provide a
need for e-business that none of the other teams are meeting.  That's why a
new team was set up for profiles and agreements. We are not trying to
define functionality for other areas.  We are working with the other areas
to define the appropriate intersection points.

As to approved TP requirements, I provided the requested requirements text
to the Requirements team when we were in Tokyo.  I provided it again the
next day when the diskette had apparently been lost the previous day.  I
expect that the Requirements team will contact me if there is any problem
with what I submitted.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

Cory Casanave <cory-c@dataaccess.com> on 11/21/2000 02:49:51 PM

To:   "CRAWFORD, Mark" <MCRAWFORD@lmi.org>, Cory Casanave
      <cory-c@dataaccess.com>, Karsten Riemer - Sun IR Development
      <Karsten.Riemer@east.sun.com>, jamesc@edifecs.com
cc:   linkage@interaccess.com, ebxml-bp@lists.ebxml.org,
      ebxml-cc@lists.ebxml.org, alonjon@mega.com

Mark,
The TP team is not encroaching they are proceeding.  They have been very
open to receive a suitable model from BP, my point is that if we fail to
provide one they will proceed with a solution - and they should.  The
solution we provide must also fit with the TP requirements for what is
practical to drive such an execution layer - we can not be ignorant of
implementation reality or the timeframe practicality of integrating such a
model.

Cory