Subject: Re: There already is a separate Meta model!

Cory,

I a not sure what you mean by "the TP is already using another Meta model".
If you are referring to the business protocol section of the IBM tpaML
proposal, you are correct although I am not sure that Meta model is the
correct term since what is in each TPA is specific to the business process
being performed although it is hand-crafted.

The internal IBM proof of concept (BPF) has already demonstrated that the
execution engine can perform valuable services for the application layer,
namely performing those functions that are generic to all business
processes such as managing the orchestration and checking for orchestration
errors, assisting with business-level timeouts, and others.

It would be a serious mistake if the ebXML TP specification were unable to
exploit the execution engine in service of the business process.

Regards,
Marth

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center