Subject: RE: Feedback from Common Business Process Group on Boston schema

I think that the package element corresponds to "BusinessCategory" (see
attached file) in the metamodel, which inherit from Package.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cory Casanave [mailto:cory-c@dataaccess.com]
Sent: lundi 18 décembre 2000 18:10
To: Bob Haugen; 'ebxml-ccbp-analysis@lists.ebxml.org';
'ebXML-BP@llists.ebxml.org'
Subject: RE: Feedback from Common Business Process Group on Boston
schema

In Reference to:
1. Comments on the diagrams in the file ebXmlSpecificationModel08.pdf
    included in the zip archive in the message:
    http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200012/msg00029.html

    In the diagram on page 1, the classes Package and Package Content
    do not appear in the metamodel nor in any of the other submissions
    from the Boston meeting, nor did they make sense to the group
    in the context of a business collaboration.

    Likewise, the diagram on page 2 appeared to be a deviation from the
    metamodel and the other diagrams from Boston.

Since I put these in I will note their origin (which is also noted in the
change logs).  At the meeting we concentrated on the central and most
important elements, like sequencing semantics.  We spent zero time on
"supporting" elements like definition of name spaces (the context in which a
business collaboration is defined) or how attributes would be applied.
These were presented & discussed by example several times without
controversy.  In doing the work to make the schema, example and DTD
consistent these detail items had to be taken care of.  I used the example
and the prior version of the schema as a base to make sure the schema could
hold all of the detail items required & already used in the example - they
will have to be someplace.  Since XML is the way the process spec will be
transferred & stored we must be formal about it's contents and semantics.

Regards,
Cory Casanave

package.gif