Subject: RE: [BP] specification relationship issues 2

Cory,
I am copying this to the listers in spirit of open discussion.

I see 'AuthorizingRole' in the UML but I can't find 'authorizingRole' in
the 91 dtd.
Firstly do you believe that a <binary-collaboration> should only exist
under a <package>?

Seperate issue:
091.xml: I assume both the <transistion>'s 'from' attribute and the
<start>'s 'to' attribute both refer to
a <business-transaction-activity>'s 'name' attribute within the same
<binary-collaboration>. If so,
I suggest changing the slightly misleading dtd comment:
"         <!-- the "OrderCollaboration" specifies that it will start with
an "OrderBT"
                business transaction from the buy role.  If the order is
confirmed it will... "
to:
"         <!-- the "OrderCollaboration" specifies that it will start with
an "OrderBT"
                business-transaction-activity which indicates from the buy
role.  If the order is confirmed it will..."

This leads to a question, on:
If a <binary-collaboration> specifies an 'initiator' and 'responder' via
attributes, what exactly does this
mean if its contained <business-transaction-activity>s can define the
direction via 'from' and 'to'? Is
the intention that the first <business-transaction-activity> must have the
initiator value specified within
it's from attribute?

Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

Cory Casanave <cory-c@dataaccess.com> on 01/04/2001 10:32:01 AM