Subject: RE: initial draft of CPP-CPA Specification

David Russell:
>There seems to be agreement that the BSI performs a dual role,
>both choreographer of the business process, as much a master of
>business semantics as process workflow, and quite seperately being
>in charge of isolating the actual Legacy world from the ebXML
>infrastructure, if I may borrow words from an earlier conversation.

>It seems to me that a single framework intended to satisfy the requirements
>of both roles may be problematic as the complexities (brought about by the
>myriad of permutations of input/output triggers) involved in the latter role
>(the interface to legacy) seems to be significantly greater.

I agree with you as to logical software protocol stack layers.
From the "bottom", they could be:
  Transport
  Message Handler
  Transaction Manager
  Collaboration Manager
  Adapter
  Internal business app

However, to do electronic business in any practical sense
will require an integration of all of those layers, which is I
think what Stefano intends in his BSI proposal.

-Bob Haugen