Subject: RE: XMI reality check

Yes the alphaWorks technology. The work was last touched around 6/2000. The
biggest problem we had was the size of the XMI. The UML model was 40 Meg and
the resultant XMI was over 100 Meg. As you can imagine this was a stress
test for the parsers and XSLT.

Exchanging XMI with different tools, I didn't personally, but this was an
action item for others on the team. Mega said they would be able to but I
never heard back. Someone was to try with GDPro but I don't recall the
results. The OAG team had chosen Rational (they had to choose one) as their
development tool and left it up to other tools to import XMI or RoseMDL.

As I recall XMI's stuff preserved the model graphics perfectly.

Kurt Kanaskie
Lucent Technologies
kkanaskie@lucent.com
(610) 712-3096