Subject: RE: ebXML and RosettaNet

Jim,

	Comments embedded. I would like to understand a little more on this issue.

cheers

|In that there are some structural differences between a ebXML document and
|RNet document, I do not believe that they are interexchangeable as is.
ebXML has
|added some elements and moved some others.

Are you talking about RNIF Vs ebXML TRP ? If we transport an RNO across the
wire using ebXML, then there is no difference as the ebXML header et al is
specific to the transport engine.

|from the BP Schema to RNIF or UMM. It is too early to determine,
|but I do not
|believe that this transformation can be done without lose of
|semantics between
|the two representations.

Are you talking about an RNIF engine running an ebXML BP natively ?

|We may be close to interoperability but not interchangeability.

Just to clarify (in my mind), is it your opinion that an ebXML engine can
perform RosettaNet PIP. But the artifacts of an ebXML BP model cannot be ...
? Where does the interchangeability come in ? Would appreciate your comments
because, from my limited knowledge, I thought we could model and execute RN
in ebXML with out losing any semantics and functionality.

cheers