Subject: RE: ebXML and RosettaNet

Erik,

	There are a few different ways this would be done:

	1.	ebXML TRP can be a replacement for the RNIF, transporting payloads
conforming to RosettaNet DTDs.
		In this case, the applications would need to handle exceptions and
choreographies as defined by the PIP. One potential advantage here is we can
have a light-weight infrastructure using apache and soap.

	2.	Another way is to define ebXML BPs which specify exchanging XML
documents based on the RosettaNet PIPs - including the choreography as well
as exceptions. An ebXML complaint software can then run these business
processes.

	3.	Another related scenario is ebXML complementing existing standards (like
RosettaNet) by adding core components and business processes supporting more
verticals and industries. Remember core components would add vocabularies
(DTDs, Schemas et al) and the BP would add business processes, specific to
those industries.

		This is the extensible part of ebXML

	4.	In short, I do not see ebXML replacing RosettaNet PIPs, as the PIPs are
mature business processes. But RN is limited to a few verticals and business
processes. So ebXML has the opportunity to add more verticals and industries
this co-existing with RN.

	Hope it helps.

cheers