Subject: RE: ebXML - OAGIS.ppt

Antoine:

I disagree with your document. As you know, a requesting and responding activity contains a reference to a document envelop, as pointed out in your document with this extract from the DTD:

<!ELEMENT RequestingBusinessActivity (Documentation*, DocumentEnvelope)>

<!ELEMENT RespondingBusinessActivity (Documentation*, DocumentEnvelope*)>

The DocumentEnvelop has an attribute isPositiveResponse. This attribute clearly identifies an end state and whether it is a success or a failure.

As I understand the conditionExpression on a document, it allows us to specify a “logical document” based on a physical document. If the conditionExpression is true we should consider that the intend of the responder with to send this “logical document” but it is materialized with a physical document which could be common to several logical documents.

I am certainly really far from being a UML expert and I may use arguments that are not logical in the context of UML activity graph but I personally don’t see the big deal about directly specifying the conditionExpression on the transition to the failure. I also don’t see the conditionExpressions as necessarily constrains on the document but rather a way to mapping a logical intend into a physical document.

I also don’t see the big deal about the possibility to transitioning into a request for a second time. If it is not clear enough for people what’s going on (knowing that it happens the same way for EVERY business transaction specification) we should add a guard to that transition.

I see another issue that you may not have addressed in you document: this is when multiple responses are allowed to a given request, do you simply represent as many object flow?

Thanks,

JJ-