Subject: RE: multiparty (was) Fwd: Re: message routing

Stefano,
The fundamental point of agreement is the lack of the "BigBrother" which we
both recognize imposes certain restrictions on what can be modeled (and
those restrictions don't get in the way 99% of the time).  Given this, your
preference for looking at the overall "global" view of a 3+ party
collaboration is only a tooling/syntactic issue, you could look at it as a
set of binary collaborations with transitions inside the common roles or as
a (restricted) ordering of the messages in the entire collaboration.  We
could transform between these views isomorphicly.  I do agree that the
overall view is appropriate for top-down analysis.

While it is great to be able to see this overall view, the binary view is
also valuable because it shows each of the services (corresponding to each
binary collaboration), easily mappable to implementation,  which are then
reusable in any number of multi-party processes.  Once these are defined we
can also use assembly of existing service to help define new collaborations
(top down meets bottom up).

If we are only looking at a tooling/syntactic issue the BPSS model need not
be changed to accommodate the view you would like.

Cory