Subject: RE: multiparty (was) Fwd: Re: message routing

Cory,

	I am not thinking that BigBrother imposes restrictions in the
modelling (or, at least, I haven't formalized this in my mind).

I think that BigBrother is not viable for a real "collaborative"
approach since it implements a concept of "power", of "master/slave".

As well, I do not think that the 3+ global approach is merely a
"tool issue"; I think that reconciling 3+ models to a set of
bilateral is a simplification that can happen within the tool
but is not natural in the way of thinking. For me (but I may
be really wrong, of course) it would be the same that
programming in assembler versus programming in a powerful 4GL;
it is not because in assembler I could reach some economy
and I could optimize the use of certain patterns that it is
"natural" to program in assembler (at least, except for few
gurus).

I also do not get the fact that bilater is closer to the service
implementation: as i mentioned sometimes, I assume that the whole
software implementing the framework will, soon or later (probably
soon) be generated instead of coded provided that there is
enough material in the specifications. So, I prefer to concentrate
on the architecture of an overall collaborative solution
and on the modelling of it. Once they are done, probably a few
clicks will be enough to deploy the hosting framework to an appserver.

In this context, re-use is more in terms of patterns; and this
will be equally possible for bilateral or 3+.

Just my 2 cents

/stefano