Subject: RE: eBTWG BPSS Project Proposal

Brian,

Way to step up to the plate.

Just one issue... It seems like the point would be to refine the BPSS for
alignment and suitability to purpose. I would expect substantive changes
should be handled by the group developing the monitored commitments
specification.

Perhaps you should take "substantive" out of scope and add something about
scoping to stay within the domain of BPSS v1.0 (you do reference being
focussed on a 'dot' release) and submission of discovered requirements
outside that scope to the monitored commitments group.

This might help us get to a workable implementation of BPSS more quickly
(walk well before we run), plus not worry about competing specs down the
road...

Just a thought...
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Hayes, Brian [mailto:Brian.Hayes@Commerceone.com]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 1:14 PM
To: 'ebtwg@lists.ebtwg.org'; 'ebxml-bp@lists.ebxml.org'
Cc: ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: eBTWG BPSS Project Proposal

(With all this email about the BPSS, I decided to join the fun and submit a
project proposal. ;^)

I respectfully submit a "Business Process Specification Schema Project"
proposal for comment. I plan to submit this to Klaus-Dieter Naujok, eBTWG
Chair, for eBTWG consideration on the close-of-business, Monday, August 27th
unless responses indicate that it may be better to wait.

I would like to thank Jamie Clark for his significant contributions to this
proposal.

 <<BPSS-Management-Proposal-WIP-O.2.rtf>>
<<BPSS-Management-Proposal-WIP-O.2.htm>>
Sincerely,
Brian Hayes
+1 (925) 520-4498