Subject: Re: eBTWG BPSS Project Proposal

David,

Thanks for this clarification. I'm fairly new to the ebXML scene, so I don't yet share the same collective memory. I'm doing my best to catch up.

I still don't understand though why transactions are not good enough to communicate business commitment. For me a transaction is an atomic interaction between two parties that results in a common understanding of the state in the shared business process. Transactions can therefore be used to
communicate commitments, like "by placing this order I promiss to pay X amount, and you promiss to deliver Y goods within Z days." If you don't want to rely on documents or messages being exchanged in transactions, then how else do you communicate commitment?

Cheers,
Maarten