ebxml-ccbp-analysis message

Subject: ebXML-CP Teleconference Report - 20 Sept

ebXML-CP Teleconference Notes
Date: 20 Sept
Time: 8:00 am - 9:00 am PST

Agenda
======
+ Assign mentors to work with the CC Industry Domain Teams
+ Assign team members to create Business Process Specification Template
document
+ Assign team members to create initial list of core processes with
descriptions

Attendees
=========
Martin Bryan, Jim Clark, Brian Hayes, Anne Hendry, Nita Sharma.

Assign mentors to work with the CC Industry Domain Teams
   There was good discusion on mentors and liasons.

Liason: The Core Component industry domain teams should provide liasons into
the Methodology team (includes Core Process team)

Mentor:
   We are developing a metamodel, methodology, and way of developing
specifications.  The CC domain teams are creating documentation and we want
their work to be compliant with the ebXML methodology.  The mentor will help
get the information into their hands.  It is a support role for the domain
teams.  Hopefully mentors can support more than one team.
   We are providing the modeling expertise to help bring the [Business
Process] Specifications in alignment with the full ebXML metamodel. - JC

Issue: How do we get involved with the Domain Teams?
Resolve: Contact the domain team leaders directly.

Issue: The amount of effort to development the Business Process
Specifications.

Mentors
-------
+ Manufacturing/Materials Management - Bob Haugen. Stig Korsgaard is the
Liason.
+ Finance -
+ Insurance -
+ Retail -
+ Customs -
+ Context - Martin Bryan.

Methodology Notes:
   There will be a set of questions for each design pattern.  See N090 and
Methodology Guidelines.  We can have a methodology on how you define a core
component (need to incorporate Core Components "Methodology for Describing
Core Components", by Hisanao Sugamata and Martin Bryan).  The methodology
will define how one defines/describes a business process using the
metamodel.  The Guidelines will perscribe how to apply the N090 to the ebXML
metamodel to achieve consistent results.  There will be a list of questsion
to ask to help determine what the metamodel instance is for a given business
process.

Assign team members to create Business Process Specification Template
document
==
Brian Hayes to lead effort.  Anne Hendry to help out.

Assign team members to create initial list of core processes with
descriptions
=
Nita Sharma to lead.  Jim to provide his initial list.

Next Week Agenda Items
======================
+ Review Core Process List
+ Review Busines Process Specification Template
+ First Business Process Specification - "Manage Purchase Order" - Jim Clark
to Lead

Action Items
+ Republish the CC Industry Domain Team list - Brian
+ We should review the list of Contexts.  The list and description could
appear in the Methodology Guidelines.
+ Need IETF template - Brian to contact Paul