ebxml-ccbp-analysis message

Subject: Re: ebXML-CP: Process Categorization: UN/CEFACT Structure -DevelopmentWorking Groups

Your observation is correct. The breakdown is more organizational in structure.

Jim

Bob Haugen wrote:

> >This may be an appropriate process categorization scheme for ebXML.  It
> >would be interesting to findout if they (UN/CEFACT) would recommend the same
> >categorization.
>
> I wouldn't.  I bet it was a historical accident, based on who attended
> some meeting after lunch.
>
> Are these industries or departments of a business or a combination
> of both?  (E.g. Insurance vs Tourism vs Statistics.)
> No manufacturing?
> D6  Finance vs D14  Accounting, Auditing, Reg. & Fin. Services?
> Material Management in automotive supply chains encompasses
> procurement of direct materials.
> Etc.
>
> It's a hodgepodge.  (Not that most categorization schemes aren't...)
>
> Sorry to be so negative,
> Bob Haugen

begin:vcard
n:Clark;Jim
tel;cell:936.524.4424
tel;work:936.264.3366
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:International Center of Object Technology
adr:;;10987 Quinlan N Lake;Conroe;TX;77303;
version:2.1
email;internet:jdc-icot@lcc.net
title:President
fn:Jim Clark