ebxml-ccbp-analysis message

Subject: ebXML-CP Teleconference Report - 3 Oct

ebXML-CP Teleconference Report
Date: 3 Oct
Time: 9:00 am - 10:30 am PST

Agenda
======
+ Last Week's Teleconference Report
+ Review Agenda
+ International Trade & Customs
+ Teleconferences - Oct 11, 18, 25 and Nov 1
+ Core Process List
+ Business Process Specification Template
+ Manage Purchase Order Business Process Specification
+ Miscellaneous

Attendees
=========
   Bob Haugen, Brian Hayes, Jim Clark, Stephan de Jong, Becky Reed, Nita
Sharma, Edwin Young, David Welsh

Last Weeks Teleconferencing Report
==================================
   No corrections.

Teleconferences - Oct 11, 18, 25 and Nov 1
Hayes.

International Trade & Customs
=============================
   Edwin Young provided an overview of International Trade & Customs (ITC).
Nita suggested that we put the processes in the Catalogue of Core Processes.
Edwin to work on ITC as part of a business process team effort.  We need to
validate that the metamodel will support ITC.  Edwin is also working with
RosettaNet.
   Bob to contact Lisa Shreve, Core Components, to find out if there are any
Core Components efforts relative to ITC.
   Nita and Edwin to work together on updating the Catalog of Core
Components to include ITC processes.

Catalog of Core Processes
=========================
   Nita has distributed an updated list (which has received favorable
   1. Identify classification
   2. Scheme for Core process Identifier
   3. Identify Business Actions nd Business documents for each core process
   4. Identify other core processes
   5. Any other standards to include for cross referencing

   Bob had the following input:
   + Returns belong in a seperate category under Procurement
   + Payment is part of Procurement
   + Inventory can be considered part of Procurement
   Nita said that the classification is challenging sine industries have
different business models.  She proposed that we should first identify the
core processes and then later work on the classification/categorization of
the processes.
   Nita to send Catalogue to NTT for review and to send copy of email to
Brian to forward on to various Commerce One customers on the Pacific Rim.
   Brian to send IETF/ebXML template to Nita.

Business Process Specification Template
=======================================
   Brian distributed first draft of the Business Process Specification
Template.
   We discussed the need to have a unique core process identifier on the
document (as with RosettaNet PIPs).
   Issue: Should the format of the core process identifier be a) an
arbitrary numeric format, b) URN/URI, c) actual name of the process.  We
agreed that we will address this later.
   Jim discussed the lexicon concept:  A lexicon is a reference that is used
to identify the primitives (basic concepts) in a language.  The Core Process
unique identifier will be the equivalent of a lexical affinity used to
represent a core process.  The unique identifiers need to be unique across
the domains.
   Bob mentioned that the template is based on the TMWG N090 and that the
Business Process Metamodel uses a slightly different model than the TMWG.
Brian proposed that the Methodology Guidelines need to address the
differences and provide a mappping between the two models.  Jim said that we
are developing a more prescriptive approach   based on the TMWG N090.  For
example, we are providing further delineation  of steps and procedures. We
have a specialization of the TMWG.  We want an approach that is more
predictive than the TMWG.
   When Jim moves the Manage Purchase Order model into the template, we will
improve on the template as part of the process.  This should address Bob's
issues on the model differences.

Manage Purchase Order Business Process Specification
   Jim has completed the model.  He will move the model into the template
this week.

Miscellaneous
=============
   Brian to provide work-in-progress web page links to Business Process
Specification Template and Business Process Methodology Guidelines.
   We reviewed the Core Process team roadmap/work-plan.  We seem to be
reasonably on schedule.
   We discussed the need to have some internal team training.  The previous
Review of Metamodel Example was sited as a good place to start the training.
Tentatively, we will review the Metamodel Example on one of the following
dates: 18th, 19th, or 20th of October (good days for Jim).  We should check
our schedules and send email to Brian (brian.hayes@commerceone.com).

Next Week Agenda Items
======================
+ Review Catalog of Core Process
+ Business Process Specification Template
+ Review Manage Purchase Order Business Process Specification

New Activities
==============
+ Bob to contact Lisa Shreve, Core Components, to find out if there are any
Core Components efforts relative to International Trade & Customs.
+ Nita and Edwin to work together on updating the Catalog of Core Components
to include ITC processes.
+ Nita to send Catalogue to NTT for review and to send copy of email to
Brian to forward on to various Commerce One customers on the Pacific Rim.
+ Brian to send IETF/ebXML template to Nita.
+ Brian to provide work-in-progress web page links to Business Process
Specification Template and Business Process Methodology Guidelines.

Activity Status
===============
+ Republish the CC Industry Domain Team list
  - List is available at Core Components web site:
    http://www.ebxml.org/project_teams/core_components/core_components.htm
+ We should review the list of Contexts.  The list and description could
appear in the Methodology Guidelines.
  - Jim distributed new context table, See BP archives:
    http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200010/msg00002.html
+ Need IETF template
  + Paul sent ebXML template to Brian.

Roadmap Schedule Dates
 6 Oct  - Business Process Specification Template
        - release to work-in-progress pages - Brian Hayes
Week of Oct 16 - Post for Review: Manage Purchase Order Business Process
Specification

</end>