ebxml-ccbp-analysis message

Subject: RE: The updated "Catalog of Core Process" document

 Hi Lisa,

thanks for your response. I am looking forward to your active participation.
In several places throughout the document I have  specified that all the
core processes are industry neutral(4.1 & 5.1) This core processes can be
used under context for specific industries . The action items that are
pending are:
1. Based on feedbacks from domain teams and other teams finalize this list
and also the classifications (process areas)
2. Identify the business actions and business documents against each core
process
3. Complete the descriptions for all core processes (have added a few)
3. Use the "Business process Specification Template" to specify each core
process.

- Nita

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa M. Shreve
To: Sharma, Nita
Cc: 'Hayes, Brian '; 'ebXML-CCBP-Analysis (E-mail) '
Sent: 10/30/00 8:59 PM

Hi Nita,

I have wanted to particiate actively in this work, but have been unable
since an early conference call due to illness.

You have proceeded as outlined during that conference call, listing
documents.  It looks like it is becoming a pretty lengthy list.

The way I see it, the next step is to start to populate this with the
details, as outlined in the meta model, which constitute a process
specification.  My suspicion is that some things specified in the meta
model, such as 'industry', are not 'specific' --- the core processes
will typically be industry neutral.  In other words, the core process
definition would equally apply to any industry, and that needs to be
stated.  Other's, such as ROLES, do have core definitions for the core
processes.  Therefore, the next logical step is to incorporate the
details specified in the meta model, and determine which require core
definitions.  Is that your planned next step?

lms