Subject: RE: Comments on ebXML Core Components forms

Message text written by "Miller, Robert (GXS)"
>We would like to adopt a coding scheme for
identifying these, but do not feel that ISIC is adequate, or than UNSPSC is
ready. Can anyone suggest a suitable classification scheme for identifying
relevant industries and processes?

Martin Bryan

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Martin,

This is definately a big issue.  I've used UNSPSC 'live' and it has large
holes.  Then RosettaNet is creating its own dialetic/variant of UNSPSC.

>From the theory side a 10 digit, 2 digit pairing system is just not
adequate.

Is CEFACT or similar up to start yet another working group to resolve this?

Maybe this is something that the ebXML Coord group should also focus
on - its certainly a Gap, so goes into the Gap Analysis hopper.

Again - some of our participants in the Coord group could spin off a
sub-group working on Unification of Classification Systems.
This certainly would be a major contribution assuming we could get
buy in from larger partners to support/use these.

Thanks, DW.